Sunday 31 January 2016

New Beginnings - Altered Canvas

Hello peeps,

A very Happy New Year. Sharing with you all my first project for the year - hope I make many more as I totally totally loved experimenting with these products that were sitting in their original packaging - donna Downey stencils, colourarte pigments (wow!) and a whole heaps of finnabair stamps, beads, microbeads, stencils. Hurray to Mixed media place. The challenge New Beginnings made me sort my supplies and find all this buried treasure. Lol.




I don't think of myself as a true artist just yet, but just making this piece has filled me with a certain amount of confidence to just let go and Create for the joy of colours,  experimenting and expressing.

My first time with pigments, I used all the 4 in my stash - autumn skies, cinnamon brown , spiced pumpkin and china black. Linking to the Colourarte Jan challenge :












Also, Linking this to Scrapki wyzwaniowo: Altered art (altered my faithful paintbrush, plastic gears, metal, chipboard)











18 comments:

  1. such an inspiring creation Kripa !! love the quote !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning work :) Truly awesome <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work and great text! Thank you for joining us at Scrapki-wyzwaniowo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESome..Shouts loudly n in mixed media Style that your are an ARTiST ;)!! donno what I liked more..colors,texture or Quote !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool project ♥ Thank you for playing along with us at scrapki-wyzwaniowo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the details! Looks like peace of art!
    Thank you for playing with Scrapki-wyzwaniowo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Gorgeous background with all the masking and stamping. All the best from Scrapki-wyzwaniowo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing project :) thank you for playing with us at scrapki-wyzwaniowo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow amazing project thanks for playing with ColourArte challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful project! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great project, thanks for playing along with ColourArte challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's just lovely and super inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the textures and bits you've put it to create that! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is an incredible piece of art-- and I definitely do consider you an ARTIST! I adore the way you embellished the paintbrush to really give it a life of its own- it's like it has a soul! Really beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely amazing!
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowsers. This is just stunning! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing project! Congrats on your feature at MMP! This is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous! Love those strong pigment colours & the saying. Man, you are SUCH an artist:):)!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...