Wednesday 25 February 2015

Product Highlight: Texture paste + Black Sand and SATW Feb Moodboard

Hello peeps,

I'm on the Lulupu blog today with some tips on how texture paste and black sand were used to create the background and layer in this layout. Click here to read the full post.

The grunge and torn (plank type) layers are inspired by the wooden bridge and boat in this moodboard from Scrap Around The World.
The quote though, was what caught my attention and my mind wandered off interpreting 'unimaginable' - awe inspiring, wonderstruck, achieving the unattainable? and that formed the basis of this layout.
I'm drawn to vintage doorways and got to see plenty on our Europe trip a few years ago. I had been waiting for an idea to click and this moodboard did that for me :)
 
Lots of Prima products on this one: mediums, Sunrise Sunset papers, flowers, metal trinkets, glass beads, stencils and sprays. Here is the final layout

Also playing alongwith Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by today, have a nice day
Cheers,
Kripa
 

14 comments:

  1. Wow !! this is simply gorgeous gorgeous work Kripa ..The way you have pulled in all the elements from the moodboard and incorporated it in your layout is simply amazing ..Love the layers and textures you have created!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! What a beautiful layout Shilpa! Loving the colours and that wonderful crackle! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! This layout is gorgeous!!!! Totally takes my breath away with the beautiful design and details!
    Thank you for joining at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this is MOST fabulous!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally fabulous. Thanks for joining us at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really gorgeous, Kripa! I always love your creative vision and how you build so many incredible layers of color and texture. This piece is filled with so many great details and I love how it makes it seem like we're looking through a doorway or magical portal into another world! Truly lovely and I'm so glad you shared it for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUPERB!!! LOOOVE the colours, the texture & the design rocks! And I'm with you re: European doors. I took a pile of photos of them too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally Gorgeous!! Loving the colours and that wonderful crackle! Thanks for joining us at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looove your background! Thank you for joining the SATW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your background work is stunning with all its detail and textures! Thank you for joining the SATW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow ! Simply incredible :) I wish I could make mixed media like you !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kripa this is amazing! I love all the little details. Thank you for joining us over at SATWxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow !! This is gorgeous, great work !! I love everything: the background, détails ... Thank you for playing at SATW :)
    Lydie Denis.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is stunning! Love all the layers and textures! Beautiful background work! A real contendor in my books! All the best from SATW :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...