Wednesday 26 March 2014

Glam with Glitter







I've been discovering and following lots of blogs this month. One I them  colour conceptions which currently has a Glam with glitter challenge on. The design team have come up with so many creative ways of using glitter on projects so I was tempted to try my hand at it too. Glitter is definitely not my thing, atleast that's what I thought... I finally brought out these beautiful test tubes of glitter that my mom picked up from itsy bitsy and sat down to experiment and ended up making 3 projects! Today, I'm sharing the first one - a card.

The design for my card was inspired from the picture over at ARTastic challenges by the artist Lyn Butchart - Bluebirds. You must check this blog if you already haven't done so. Each month, the team there introduce the readers to an amazing artist and their work. The art piece then becomes a source of inspiration for creations that month. Alongwith that, there is also a series of inspiration, tips and tutorials from the creative team and guest designers. For my card, Ive used 2 feathers from the two birds and texture paste for the additional criteria. 

I first hand drew and cut out a feather each from music and script paper and shaded using distress inks.Then painted them with multi-medium mixed with glitter. This ensured that glitter didn't overtake the music and script backgrounds, yet added a shimmer to the feathers. 




Next I thinned down some glue with water and using a paintbrush created some splatters on the background and sprinkled glitter on them. Although glitter is opaque and feels like it just sits there, the splatter lends some movement to it, which I really was happy with. Finally a wooden button, some jute string and a tag to complete the card. My first CAS card for sure (ha ha ha) but grinning because I learnt a valuable lesson - Dont waste time LOOKING for your style, the truth is you already have it. You just need to create more in order to see it. (Not my quote, found it in an old diary of mine)






15 comments:

  1. Love this one, simple but oh so effective. Thanks for your kind words about ARTastic. We love seeing your work and what you come up with each month - you never disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm absolutely in love with this card! Simple and beautiful. Great texture and great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous. I love the feathers you have made and your fabulous background. Thanks for joining in with us at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card. It is elegantly simple but striking. I love how you have made your feathers and background. Thank you for your positive comments about the challenge and for playing with us at ARTastic. i look forward to seeing more of your art. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card...so simple and so stunning! And I love that quote...I think we all need to remind ourselves of this! Thanks for joining us at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely natural looking effect. Love the fancy feathers. Thanks for playing at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a glorious card Kripa! Wonderful feathers, & how they look on the card with the twine. Superb.
    Thank you for playing along at ARTastic.
    Debi DT@ARTastic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Kripa ..Your stenciled and glittered background looks just fabulous ..Love the feathers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the use of white space and the glitter on the feathers, makes this a beautiful card. Thank you for your wonderful words about ARTastic too. So glad you joined in with our challenge this month, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is TOTALLY delish! I'm in serious luuuuuurve!!! Those feathers...MWAH....& the glitter, of course, looks fabulous:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this white space clean and simple card. Those feathers really looks fantastic. Thank you for playing along with our challenge at ARTastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh! you are really good at free-hand drawing! I would never have guessed the beautiful feathers wer'ent die-cut, absolutely perfect! LOVE your gorgeous card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Kripa, lovely card! Congrats on your CC feature...
    A Frugal Crafter

    ReplyDelete
  14. WHat a fantastic card Kripa ! I loved the gold splash on textured bg..So stylish !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally Delish!! So glad I found your blog from Color conceptions!!! Following you blog now!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...